CASCO + R|5 evolved from a civil and structural engineering firm originally established by E. George Cassis, P.E. in Litchfield, Illinois in 1959. Mr. Cassis was a Civil Engineer, earning his B.S. at the University of Missouri, his M.S. at Yale, and ultimately his Ph.D. at Yale and Columbia Universities. Mr. Cassis relocated his firm to Kirkwood, MO in 1962 and it became incorporated as Cassis Associates, Inc. in June of 1963. Around 1965, in a joint venture with William en Tao and Associates, Cassis Associates built a new office building at 2357 59th Street in south St. Louis. The new facility was shared by both firms.
Within a year of the firm’s inception, services were extended to include architectural work for commercial and industrial clients. Subsequently, services were expanded to cover site selection, interior furnishings, mechanical and electrical work, industrial engineering, materials handling and construction management.
Becoming one of only a few full service firms in St. Louis, CASSIS Associates, Inc. billed itself as an organization of Engineers, Architects and Construction Consultants rendering comprehensive professional services to Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Governmental clients. A broad range of services was offered from feasibility studies through planning, design and construction management.
The firm’s projects were located in a great many states across the U.S., as well as a number of foreign countries. CASSIS Associates performed projects for office buildings, grocers, restaurants, banks and other sectors. The firm especially thrived in light industrial projects including those for oil and ware and cable companies, and particularly for the paper industry.