Accounting: Deltek Vision Specialist
St. Louis, MO
CASCO+R|5 is a leading commercial Design, Architecture & Engineering firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO with regional offices in Edison, NJ, Portland, OR and Tampa, FL. We employ over 120 staff members and have a strong client base in the childcare, assisted living, entertainment, hospitality, retail, workplace, restaurant and industrial sectors. We are an employee owned company and offer excellent professional development opportunities and benefits. Visit our website at www.cascocorp.com to learn more.
We are currently seeking a well-qualified individual with the necessary skills to fill the role of Accounting: Deltek Vision Specialist within the firm. The primary function of this role will be to take the lead in setting up the company’s Deltek system itself to accomplish Billing, AP, AR and specific reporting for a variety of corporate functions and business units working in connection with the President and senior company leadership, thus significant experience with Deltek is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and operation of the company’s Deltek systems. Additional duties following a Deltek setup phase would include assisting Accounting Department personnel with the daily processing and payment of vendor invoices; daily receipt and posting of cash received; daily set up of new projects; maintaining accounting software integrity; monthly billing; monthly general ledger closings; and assisting the Accounting Manager as needed. Such additional duties may include:
- Billing: Setting up project and billing terms in Vision according to the contract; setting up, maintaining, and monitoring billing rate tables; producing billing drafts for Account Manager review; preparing and printing final invoices; mailing and / or electronically submitting all final invoices with all applicable backup, and; maintaining project billing files, assisting with their conversion to all electronic storage.
- Accounts Payable: Receiving, reviewing & verifying payables for entry into Vision; accurately coding and entering invoices into Vision for job costing or general overhead expense; processing vendor invoicing; preparing and reviewing cash requirements and process weekly check run for vendor invoices; monitoring sub-consultant invoices outstanding and release payments to sub consultants when client invoices are paid; copying project related vendor invoice charges for back up to reimbursable billing; maintaining accurate vendor data base and FEIN information (W-9); preparing, verifying and mailing 1099 misc. tax forms at year end, and; maintaining working files for accounts payable vendor files.
- Accounts Receivable: Making follow up calls / emails on outstanding invoices; printing and mailing monthly A/R statements; preparing A/R report for management weekly; daily receive all incoming checks, code to correct project, prepare deposit, and post cash receipts, and; receiving and processing requests for Certificate of Liability Insurance for clients.
- Substantial Deltek Vision experience is must
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 2 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in a A/E services firm
- Good familiarity with general accounting concepts, practices & procedures; GAAP – Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office, esp. Word and Excel
- Solid attention to detail and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good multi-tasking and prioritization skills
This is a full-time position, salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package, including: paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401K and more.
The successful applicant should be a self-starter and interested in leading a future team. The ideal candidate will possess the future potential for personnel and department management. Our culture rewards talented, motivated and dedicated individuals with the desire to learn and grow with positions of increasing responsibility, management and the potential for eventual ownership participation.
No phone calls or agencies please.