CASCO is a leading commercial Design, Architecture & Engineering firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO with regional offices in Edison, NJ, Portland, OR and Tampa, FL. The New Jersey office has had a presence in the area for nearly 30 years. We are an employee owned company with over 120 employees and offer excellent professional development opportunities and benefits.
CASCO is seeking an articulate, organized, ambitious and motivated Architect to be part of our architectural studio team in New Jersey. Ideal candidates must be proficient in creating coordinated sets of design and construction documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit. Candidate must be self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Architectural experience producing commercial design drawings and familiarity with various commercial construction approaches is a plus.
The successful candidate will
- Lead projects, in conjunction with other leadership, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Assist with the development and negotiation of budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved, and QA/QC process standards and requirements are implemented. Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation.
- Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Coordinate with consultants and work directly with the contractor in design-build delivery method.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
- Willingness to travel (typically 1-2 days at a time).
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture. Bachelors/Masters from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration or actively pursuing registration. May be required to sign and seal drawings.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with projects of varied scale and complexity required. Experience with commercial buildings preferred.
- Experience leading and working with teams of all disciplines is essential.
- Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Experience testifying at planning/zoning board meetings.
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefit package includes Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Education Assistance, Holiday Leave, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Professional Development opportunities and more.
No phone calls or agencies please.